Touted as the “Cultural Mecca of the South”, creativity abounds in Oxford as musicians, artists and writers alike find inspiration in Oxford’s rich history, small town charm and creative community. Nobel Prize winning author William Faulkner made his home here and found inspiration in the people and places of Oxford and Lafayette County, which he fictionalized in his Jefferson and Yoknpatawpha County. Many writers have followed Faulkner’s footsteps, making Oxford their home. Over the years, Oxford has also been known for offering exceptional culinary experiences at the many restaurants in the community. From down home cooking to upscale culinary creations, Oxford is a food lover’s delight.
- No. 2 College Town (Livability.com)
- Top 6 College Towns in America (USA Today)
- Top 10 Coolest College Towns in America (Travel & Leisure)
- Top 20 Best Small Towns in America (Smithsonian)
- Top 100 Places to Live (Money Magazine)